Tuesday, April 24, 2012

GROwTH!

Touching back on the book that I feel I won't ever finish. I'm not a big reader however, I am trying so hard to be. I get distracted so easily.  Besides that, I notice a quote that hits me right in the core.
 
"Happiness, is neither virtue nor pleasure not this thing nor that, but simply growth.  We are happy when we are growing".
                                                                                                                                                                     
I also grasped the argument that Gretchen mentioned "it isn't goal attainment but the process of striving after goals. GROWTH".

Growth is what I am lacking to feel that I am accomplishing.  I have these high expectation for myself and I expect to grow every second I can.  I am so ambitious that I am lost in knowing where to start.  I want to figure out what I am truly destined to be doing. 

I have always had this feeling that there's not much time to find the real me.  There's so much unsuspected surprises that scare you to think that time is too short and sometimes you have to be two steps ahead to never feel behind.
 
Can someone be too ambitious and miss out on something great?

Is "happiness and ambition in fact really incompatible"? Something I always ask myself.  Another thing to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment